News and Updates
10 August 2020
Housing for staff becoming available at Eddington
As we approach the new academic year and also gradual easing of some lockdown restrictions, we expect some 2 bedroom apartments at Eddington to become available in September and October 2020.
If you are interested in a 2 bedroom apartment, we would encourage you to find out more and join the waiting list.
Eddington is open to the community and is currently home to approximately 700 staff members alongside over 300 post-graduate students. Eddington is the new district situated between Huntingdon Road and Madingley Road and is a purpose-built new neighbourhood for the University and wider community. It has a primary school, state-of-the-art community and performing arts centre, Sainsbury’s supermarket, parkland and sporting facilities in addition to housing available on the open market for sale.
The University homes are available to rent to:
- Employees of the University, Colleges or an Affiliated institution
- Employees must have a contract of at least 18 hours per week and have at least six months remaining on a minimum 12 month contract length.
- All staff are encouraged to apply. Priority is allocated according to information supplied by the person as part of the application process.
- To qualify, staff members should be on or below the University pay scale spine point 61 or equivalent, and confirm their household income is below £80,000.
- Tenancies will be for 12 months and may be extended for a maximum of 5 years.
For further information and to make an application, please visit the University’s Accommodation Service website at www.accommodation.cam.ac.uk