News and Updates
21 February 2019
Sporting facilities launch at Eddington
A new set of sporting facilities in Eddington, part of the North West Cambridge Development, is opening to the public.
Located near the centre of Cambridge’s new district being developed by the University, there is a cricket pitch, sports pitches and trim trail available for booking. A sports pavilion and cricket clubhouse complete the suite of high-quality facilities.
Heather Topel, Project Director of the North West Cambridge Development said: “The opening of our sporting facilities is another milestone for the Eddington community. Keeping active and healthy is something we are keen to encourage, and it is fantastic to be able to provide this facility not just for our own residents, but also for the wider community.”
The following facilities are open for community use at competitive prices.
- Full sized football pitch complete with goals and nets
- Two 60 by 40 yard football pitches suitable for under 7 and 8 junior football and men’s 5-a-side, complete with goals and nets
- Trim trail and surrounding grounds, consisting of seven different pieces of sports apparatus that can be used in a circuit. Perfect for boot camps or similar and can be used for free by individuals.
- Cricket pitch (40m boundary) suitable for junior cricket, complete with wickets and cricket screens
- Sports pavilion with changing rooms and shower facilities, toilets and storage areas
- Cricket pavilion with changing rooms and shower facilities, official’s changing room, toilets, club room, kitchen area and storage areas