Categories: Community Family friendly
Saturday 9th September 2023 10:00am - 3:00pm
Locations: Eddington Square,Storey’s Field Centre
Sustainability is a big theme: but it also starts with You.
Eddington, the growing neighbourhood in Cambridge, hosts a family friendly event where you can learn tips to lead a more environmentally sustainable life.
Explore Eddington’s wildlife and biodiversity in our self-guided walking tours, have fun at the local toy-swap whilst practising the circular economy, learn practical tips at the insightful talk by Professor Shailaja Fennell; take home samples to nudge your green credentials; and enjoy the ambience of Eddington Square with a pedal-powered buskers set!
In keeping with the Open Cambridge theme ‘Creativity Unwrapped’, we invite you to an immersive and intriguing exhibition, the Fantastical Forest at Storey’s Field Centre where a collection of magical artworks co-created with children and their communities across Cambridgeshire awaits. Families and creative adults are invited to release your imagination and participate in a drop-in workshop to develop a collaborative artwork inspired by the forest and their own favourite trees.
Local charities and organisations will provide tips on a range of topics including sustainable travel and sustainable food and produce, which aims to share knowledge in how to live a greener life.
These activities and many more are open to the community.
- Community art exhibition and workshop on the Fantastical Forest and nature connectedness with Cambridge Curiosity and Imagination at Storey’s Field Centre
- Talk by Professor Shailaja Fennell: Be The Change You Want To See at 2pm at Storey’s Field Centre
- Toy Swap by A Toy’s Life and Beyond
- Green Blue You refill shop
- Harvest whole and organic foods stall
- Nature self guided walking tours
- Cambridge Sustainable Food
- Transition Cambridge
- Pedal Powered buskers station by Outspoken!
- Dr Bike by Bikeworks
- Sustainable Travel Tips from Whippet, Enterprise Car Club and CamCycle
- New Home Sustainability Tour with Hill at Knights Park at 11am, 12noon and 1pm
- Pizza Mondo from foodPark
- Gentleman Jim’s mobile bar and Ice-cream dreams
As well as a self-pedal music stage, we’ll have buskers providing great entertainment over the afternoon.
Music set times
11am-11.45am Melody Causton
12.15pm- 1pm Luke James Williams
1.30pm-2.30pm Colonel Spanky’s Love Ensemble
Sustainability starts with you – join us at Eddington.
The event is part of the University’s Open Cambridge festival.
Entry is free. No booking required.