News and Updates
12 April 2021
Eddington - Coronavirus update April 2021
As the country progresses out of the national lockdown due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we continue to make changes as to what facilities are available at Eddington.
All of these changes will operate in accordance with the UK government and/or University of Cambridge guidelines and with extra measures to promote social distancing. We hope that residents and visitors will make use of the facilities as well as taking care with social distancing and hygiene precautions that are advised by Public Health England.
- foodPark is continuing with a takeaway service. foodPark traders will be at Eddington on Wednesday evenings from 5pm-8pm and Saturday lunchtimes from 12-2pm. All customers should pre-order their food online and not eat at the foodPark site.
- Storey’s Field Centre is open. A limited programme of activities and events in line with government guidance is now underway.
- Dulcedo Eddington will remain open, though customers are not permitted to eat at the store. All customers must wear face coverings and stay 2m apart wherever possible.
- Douce hair salon has returned to Market Square, Monday – Fridays 9am-9pm. The salon will be operating by appointment only with additional hygiene and safety measures in place. Appointments can be booked here.
- The open spaces, play facilities and leisure equipment remain available. We encourage all visitors to abide by government guidance on social distancing and to stay 2m apart from others wherever possible.
- Sporting facilities are now available in line with government guidance.
- The University of Cambridge Primary School and Eddington Nursery are remaining open in line with government guidance.
- Sainsbury’s at Eddington remains open with prioritised access for the elderly, carers and disabled customers plus NHS staff.
- The Universal bus returns to a more frequent timetable. This has a 12 minute frequency Monday to Friday. For a full timetable please click here. All passengers must wear face coverings and stay 2m apart wherever possible.
- Car club vehicles at Eddington are still available for hire.
All opening times and conditions are subject to change.
We support the Public Health messages which the UK government are promoting in relation to the COVID-19 response and all decisions about reopening facilities will be made with full consideration of any future announcements. Further updates will be posted on our Twitter account and on our website in due course.
We have seen a huge willingness to support others in the community who are self-isolating, unwell, or are vulnerable. The University will be signposting people who want to help by directing them to organised channels as and when the opportunities arise.
The University as a leading research institution is involved in ground-breaking research associated to coronavirus. For more information about the work that academics and researchers are undertaking, visit: https://www.cam.ac.uk/