News and Updates
3 November 2020
Eddington - Coronavirus update
As the country moves back into a second lockdown due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we continue to make changes as to what facilities are available at Eddington.
All of these changes will operate in accordance with the UK government and/or University of Cambridge guidelines and with extra measures to promote social distancing. We hope that residents and visitors will make use of the facilities as well as taking care with social distancing and hygiene precautions that are advised by Public Health England.
- foodPark is continuing with a takeaway service. foodPark traders will be at Eddington on Wednesday evenings from 5pm-8pm and Saturday lunchtimes from 12-2pm. All customers should pre-order their food online and not eat at the foodPark site.
- Storey’s Field Centre will close from 10pm on Wednesday 4 November. Activities and events scheduled for this period have been cancelled or postponed. Bookings are being accepted for December onwards. All booking enquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dulcedo Eddington will remain open, though customers are not permitted to eat at the store. All customers must wear face coverings and stay 2m apart wherever possible.
- The open spaces, play facilities and leisure equipment remain available. We encourage all visitors to abide by government guidance on social distancing and to stay 2m apart from others wherever possible.
- Sporting facilities will not be available from Thursday, 5 November.
- The University of Cambridge Primary School and Eddington Nursery are remaining open in line with government guidance.
- Sainsbury’s at Eddington remains open with designated shopping times for the elderly, carers and disabled customers plus NHS staff.
- The Universal bus has a new, extended timetable, with a 12 minute frequency Monday to Friday. Weekend services will now serve the Cambridge Biomedical Campus/Addenbrooke’s with a 20 minute frequency on Saturdays and 30 minute frequency on Sundays, with earlier start times from 6.35am. For a full timetable please click here. All passengers must wear face coverings and stay 2m apart wherever possible.
- Car club vehicles at Eddington are available for hire from December 12.
All opening times and conditions are subject to change.
We support the Public Health messages which the UK government are promoting in relation to the COVID-19 response and all decisions about reopening facilities will be made with full consideration of any future announcements. Further updates will be posted on our Twitter account and on our website in due course.
We have seen a huge willingness to support others in the community who are self-isolating, unwell, or are vulnerable. The University will be signposting people who want to help by directing them to organised channels as and when the opportunities arise.
The University as a leading research institution is involved in ground-breaking research associated to coronavirus. For more information about the work that academics and researchers are undertaking, visit: https://www.cam.ac.uk/