News and Updates
26 June 2020
Eddington - Coronavirus update
The unprecedented circumstances brought about by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic have seen substantial changes to how lockdown has temporarily changed how we live our lives. As the guidelines adapt to reflect the changing circumstances we are beginning to reopen certain facilities and offer more provision to our local community.
All of these changes will operate in accordance with the UK government and/or University of Cambridge guidelines and with extra measures to promote social distancing. We hope that residents and visitors will make use of the facilities as well as taking care with social distancing and hygiene precautions that are advised by Public Health England.
- The Storey’s Field Centre will reopen from Monday, 14 September. In line with the latest government guidance, the Centre will have measures in place to reduce the risk of contracting COVID-19 whilst on the premises. For more information click here.
- foodPark will be arriving at Eddington’s Market Square from 1 July. foodPark traders will be open at Eddington on Wednesday evenings from 5pm-8pm and Saturday lunchtimes from 11.30am-2.30pm with social distancing measures in place.
- Douce hair salon will be returning to Market Square from 4 July, Monday – Fridays 9am-9pm and Saturday 9am-6pm. The salon will also be open on Sunday 5 July only from 11am-5pm. The salon will be operating by appointment only with additional hygiene and safety measures in place. Appointments can be booked here.
- The open spaces remain available and all play facilities and leisure equipment will be reopening to the public on 4 July. We encourage all visitors to abide by government guidance on social distancing and to stay 2m apart from others wherever possible.
- The University of Cambridge Primary School and Eddington Nursery have reopened in line with government guidance.
- Sainsbury’s at Eddington remains open with designated shopping times for the elderly, carers and disabled customers plus NHS staff.
- The Universal bus has a new, extended timetable, with a 12 minute frequency Monday to Friday. Weekend services will now serve the Cambridge Biomedical Campus/Addenbrooke’s with a 20 minute frequency on Saturdays and 30 minute frequency on Sundays, with earlier start times from 6.35am. For a full timetable please click here.
- E-Car vehicles at Eddington are currently unavailable to hire until further notice.
All opening times and conditions are subject to change.
We support the Public Health messages which the UK government are promoting in relation to the COVID-19 response and all decisions about reopening facilities will be made with full consideration of any future announcements. Further updates will be posted on our Twitter account and on our website in due course.
We have seen a huge willingness to support others in the community who are self-isolating, unwell, or are vulnerable. The University will be signposting people who want to help by directing them to organised channels as and when the opportunities arise.
As you can imagine the University as a leading research institution is involved in ground-breaking research associated to coronavirus. For more information about the work that academics and researchers are undertaking, visit: https://www.cam.ac.uk/